MEP-4552V | Valve Actuator | 45 in-lb | Electronic Fail-Safe | 24V | Modulating | KMC
Details for MEP-4552V
Valve Actuator | 45 in-lb | Electronic Fail-Safe | 24V | Modulating
Description and Application
These compact but powerful direct-coupled ControlSet® actuators provide two-position, tri-state, or proportional control for dampers or valves in HVAC systems. Efficient, durable, capacitor-driven fail-safe with switch-selectable direction provides consistent torque in both powered and fail-safe modes. A patent-pending noise reducer provides whisper-quiet operation in both modes. A minimum torque of 25 (MEP-42xx), 45 (MEP-45xx), or 90 (MEP-49xx) in-lb. is available over the 95° angular rotation.
MEP-4xx2 proportional models accept either a 0–10 or 2–10 VDC control signal input from a thermostat, controller, or building automation system. “Antijitter” circuitry significantly reduces hunting and needless wear (from unnecessary miniscule position changes caused by undamped analog input signals) on the actuator, valve, or damper components. A user-initiated, auto-mapping feature provides more precise equipment control by reassigning the input signal range over a reduced rotation range. These models also feature a switch-selectable, 0–5 or 0–10 (or 1–5 or 2–10) VDC voltage feedback output that is proportional to the actuator position.
MEP-4xx1 tri-state/two-position (four-wire) models are designed for use with floating thermostats or controllers. MEP-4xx4/4xx5 two-position (two-wire) models are available in 24 VAC/VDC or 100–240 VAC models.
MEP-4x7x models also have one fully adjustable, built-in SPDT auxiliary switch for remote position indication or equipment interface. MEP-497x models include a second fixed switch at 10° from full CW direction. A three-foot cable is included with the switch(es).
MEP-4xxxV actuators have brackets with a patentpending quick-mounting mechanism.
All actuators mount directly to 1/4- to 5/8-inch (6 to 16 mm) round shafts or 1/4- to 7/16-inch (6 to 11 mm) square shafts, eliminating the need for expensive and complicated linkages. A non-rotation bracket, to prevent lateral movement, is included with each actuator. A gear disengagement button allows easy manual positioning of the actuator.
- Efficient, durable, capacitor-driven fail-safe option with switch-selectable direction provides consistent torque in both powered and fail-safe modes
- The fail-safe option, on proportional and tri-state models, can be turned off temporarily for testing purposes or permanently if desired
- Proportional models include “anti-jitter” circuitry, optional auto-mapping of the full input signal range over a reduced actuator stroke, and switchselectable 0/1–5 or 0/2–10 VDC feedback
- MEP-4x7x models have one fully adjustable, built-in SPDT auxiliary switches, and MEP-497x models include a second fixed switch at 10° from full CW direction
- Connections are made on either fixed terminals that accept 12–26 AWG wiring or prewired 3-foot, 18 AWG cable(s)
- Direct mounting to standard shaft sizes, gear disengagement button, and adjustable mechanical end stop
- Patent-pending valve body quick-mount option on MEP-4xxxV models
|Control Input||0-10 VDC | 2-10 VDC|
|Power Supply||24 VAC | 24 VDC|
|Spring Return||Electronic Fail-Safe|