BACnet Router | Generic | BACnet/IP to BACnet/MSTP
Details for BACNET_ROUTER
Generic BACnet Router part#: BACNET_ROUTER
The Generic BACRouter transfers data between BACnet/IP, BACnet Ethernet, and BACnet MS/TP protocols. The BACRouter uses a standard 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connection.
You install the BACnet router on a DIN rail for industrial purposes.
The BACRouter has below features:
- Two 1500V isolated transceivers. 15kV(Air) 8kV(contact) ESD protection, will withstand wiring errors up to 220VAC.
- Supports baudrates as: 9.6k, 19.2k, 38.4k, 57.6k, 76.8k, 115.2kbps.
- EIA-485 A/B lines are reversible.
- 1/8 load, low capacitance design, supports 256 nodes on 115.2kbps with 900m cable length.
- Dip switches for 510? bus biasing(pull up and pull down) and 120? termination.
- Support for 1497 bytes extended frame(Addendum 135-2012an).
- Supports auto detect and manual baudrates; A/B line polarity; mac address(compatible with addendum 135-2012bb); max master.
- Supports fast device with 0ms timeout (Patent pending). speed up polling master and scanning device.
- Supports Slave proxy with user definable auto discovery range and manual binding.
- Supports network priority.
- Accurate timing and collision detection thanks to timer of 5us granularity and real-time OS, 98.8% bandwidth utilization is achieved on 115.2kbps.
- Tx and Rx LED’s in each port indicates individual port status.
- 10/100 Mbps with auto-negotiation and Auto-MDIX
- Green LED indicate activity.
- Supports up to 10 BACnet/IP Annex J networks on different UDP port.
- Option to accept buggy broadcast to 255.255.255.255 for extending compatibility.
- Supports 3 different mode: Normal, BBMD mode and Foreign Device mode.
- BBMD mode(as BACnet/IP Broadcast Management Device) supports up to 148 BDT and FDT entries, supports BDT propagation to other BBMDs, supports NAT.
- WebUI is password protected and supports several browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- Full DHCP support for convenient PC configuration.
- Reset button to restore default settings.
- Power LED and Status LED indicates device status.
- Very detailed runtime info and logs available for diagnostic purpose.
Data Sheet and Manual
My connection needs have long been fulfilled by the BACNet Generic Router ever since I disposed of my old faulty one. It is flexible since it can support BACnet IP, MS/TP, and Ethernet networks. Its web user interface can be accessed by several browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The router has full DHCP support so I could properly configure its settings straight from my laptop. It has a super high baud rate when used for MS/TP networks, like more than 100,000 bytes per second. Thats fast enough for me. Lastly, up to 10 IP networks can be supported by this device. Definitely great.